There are lots of myths around the internet about digital marketing and social media, particularly in relation to how useful they are, who uses them and whether they are still worth the effort. Here, with the help of some well researched stats, we can put some myths to bed. Some of the following may even surprise you!
- Facebook users are disenfranchised
- Facebook user numbers grew by 2.3% in the last quarter of 2014
- 23 to 1.35bn users
- Existing users don’t use Facebook as much
- The number of users who log in daily is up 19%
- Twitter’s growth is stalling
- It had an increase in users of 18% in 2014.
- The social media scene is now saturated
- Instagram added 50% to its user numbers in 2014!
- Facebook and Twitter are the two largest social media networks
- Instagram has more users and ‘active users’ than Twitter (300m vs 284m)
- Social Media is for the kids
- 45% of internet users 65+ use Facebook
- Businesses don’t benefit from Linkedin but professionals do personally
- Linkedin links account for 64% of corporate website visits in the UK.
The last one is particularly surprising and underlines the importance of having a good Linkedin strategy for your business. If you want help developing a Social Media strategy for your business, get in touch with us. www.ingenuity.management
Source for all statistics: eConsultancy, December 2014